Monday, July 14, 2008

::My Big Fat Family Vacation::

So let me give you a day by day peak into my crazy vacation (prepare for a long Post).....

July 3: So my mommacita picks me up to go to lunch with my stepdad (thank you Dr. Lacey for a half day at work) and we go to this Kosher Deli Called Kohns Kosher Market and I had a wonderful Bison Burger. Then we are off to get our rental car Which is....a Mustang....yup that's right boys think of two mustang sallies!!!! So we were off....

July 4: We ended at a wonderful hotel and after a little breakfast we continued our trek to Tunkhannock Pennsylvania. After 16 hours and two days of driving we finally arrive and are whisked away to spend our fourth "livin it up". Our Cousin took us to the top of a large bank building and we saw all of the fireworks of the night from that location. It was the neatest fourth I have had. There is no way I could but the adequate words to it.

July 5: We spend the nights at the Shadowbrook "resort". I say "resort" very loosely. But we spent our Saturday cleaning, painting, washing and vacuuming my Great grandmothers house. This was such a ministry opportunity and I'm glad that I got to be part of it. I also got to see my family in a much different light.

July 6: My family went to my great grandmothers small country church, where everyone seems to be related. The message was wonderful and include some great patriotic quotes. What a mighty but fragile country we live in. Then the belle of the ball (my great grandmother) was put in her chariot (the mustang-that was a show) and taken to her 90th birthday party! I saw family there that I haven't seen since I was a very small child. I didn't remember most of them but it was nice to see all of the love that we have for this one special woman.

July 7: I like to call this day the "Great Switch", because the ball (myself) was handed off from one team (my mom) to the other team (my dad). And I spent another 7 hours in a car. Let me tell you this I have never seen a grown man get so excited about a trip to a furniture store. We passed an IKEA and the man practically dove off the deep end (but I heard a rumor that this need was fixed on the way home when they only spent two hours there). Finally we (my dad, Stan and I) arrived in Gaylord, Michigan.

July 8: I have to confess, I have never played many lawn games until this vacation. I played so many games of washers, lawn darts and badminton, that I was sure that my arm was going to fall off. But the uncontrollable laughter kept all of us going.

July 9: My grandfather and grandmother flowers came up to my grandma and pa chickens house. This is a rare occasion to see them together so we took it too our advantage and had a lovely time with them all.

July 10: During these days of great food, lawn games, poker and laughter, I got to talk with my family and see how they were doing. I love being with my dad and spending time with my sister.

July 11: This day we got to go up to Mackinac City and see lake Huron. While there we ate fish and chips and went shopping. We got back just in time to clean the house for the block party. This was an interesting experience and I learned alot about myself and others.

July 12: We got to sleep in after a late night and when we got up I got to see my grandfathers Airplane. He is an excellent Pilot and I really do admire him. Then we lounge around til our intense Euchre Tournament that was briefly interrupted by our dinner of pizza. Then we went to bed because we had a 6 am wake up call.

July 13: My Uncle, Sister and I pack up to head back to the Lou. Yes the vacation was over....

All in all I got to see my family (on both sides), and stay in two states. I learned tons of things about myself, and found out that I can spend about 40 hours in a car and SURVIVE!

No comments: