Friday, May 30, 2008

::Leavin on a Jet plane::


My step dad always told me that when he traveled by plane that there are two types of people he always tried to avoid: the really talkative and nosey travelers and young screaming children. As some of you know I am now in Virginia to see my wonderful father. My friend Kelly and I decided to fly down to Virginia and I finally understood my step dad's frustration with screaming children. We get on our plane to Memphis as this was our designated route and get as comfortable as one can in an airplane chair, then a young child about the age of three starts wailing as she is ENTERING the plane. Her crying is so loud that the Flight attendant cannot get on the speaker because the screaming would interfere with the message. I make some comment about how I hope the young child stays up there, but I'm sure God was teaching me some lesson as the parents, grandparents and the child's seat were right behind me. I thank God that the child started to quiet down about half way through the flight with the calming affect of a serene mother. I pray one day that I may have this affect on my child or I learn the wonderful effects of NyQuil :-) Okay I'm joking about the NyQuil, sortive. I will keep everyone up to date on my trip!

No comments: