Tuesday, April 29, 2008

::Psalms and Proverbs::

Last night my roommate and I started a devotion that I hope to continue throughout the entire summer. See my roommate is my best friend and I wanted to continue growing our connection by growing closer to God. So we, actually I think I kind of suggested it (she didn't seem to mind), decided to go through two psalms and one proverbs each night we go to be at the same time and then meditate and discuss it. Last night while reading proverbs I realized how foolish I truly am. I wish I was Solomon and wise but often I feel like a simplistic Israelite who is never truly content in what God has given me. I hope to gain wisdom by fully appreciating what God has for my life and allowing the people He has planted around me to help me grow. Let this be my prayer.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

I think that's a terrific idea. Ben and I are going to do something similar, except meet once a week and discuss more than the Bible.

Good job with graduation, last night. Applebee's with friends afterwards was fun too.