Wednesday, February 2, 2011

::World Citizen (and not the class)::

My eyes have been opened to my ignorance. I know that a statement like that can be considered dramatic, but my roommate T has shown me how limited my knowledge is regarding world news. As a world citizen I should be concerned about those who are hurting or in distress. But more importantly, as a Christ-follower I should be aware and be praying for those people around the world. Often I realize how selfish my prayer life has become and this has to change. And the first way to change it is to educate myself on the happenings of the world.
These are the recent things that I have learned:
  • Egypt, specifically Cairo, is going through utter chaos. (Political unrest)
  • The midwest had a major snowstorm hit (people have deemed it a snowpocalypse)
  • Sex traffic increases due to the Superbowl (I find this to be so sad)
  • Cyclone hits Queensland (To be honest, I'm not sure where Queensland is located)
  • Japan's Mt.Shinmoe erupts (famous for being in a James Bond movie)

No comments: