Sunday, January 23, 2011

::The Sabbath::

Last night a friend warned me that we may be "blessed" with more inclement weather, and my first thought was "But that may cause me to miss church." And at the time it seemed perfectly normal, but today after pondering my response I was taken aback. When did I begin to feel so comfortable at my home church? Over the summer I joined the church I had been attending for about 3 years. I learned that I had to make a step and be part of the body. It would take me completely out of my comfort zone, as The Journey is very different than any church I had ever attended. I love seeing familiar and new smiles each week, and knowing that investing in peoples lives is what we are called to do. This week the sermon "How Can I Really Change?" , rocked my world. It challenged me to decide who I really want to call my master, my God or my flesh? Needless to say, my heart was moved. And all praise goes to God in this matter. I am thankful for my Church family and am excited to see how God will use me in this family.
"Love God. Connect People. Transform the World."

No comments: