Sunday, February 13, 2011

::Adoption::


Since about late high school I have had this desire in the back parts of my heart. My desire is this.... to one day adopt and/or be a foster parent to a child. Or if God blesses me in this a multitude of children. Yes, I know children are very expensive, and time consuming. And if you know me at all, you also understand that I'm not very "children friendly". But I can't shake this desire that I have.
You may ask, "Do you have a particular choice of nationality, gender, or age?" And the answer is a big fat NOPE! I know God will bring to me exactly what He desires. I have no problem with younger, older, blacker, asianer, or what ever he has for me. A friend of mine recently shared her passion for the exact same thing, and she posed the question of Gods sovernty in bringing a man with the same desire. To be honest, I never thought about that. I know God will bring a man into my life that has the same passion, sooner or later.
So excuse my ramblings, but I have one last things to share.
I believe adoption makes me most excited due to the fact that I'm adopted. I'm adopted into the family of God. And let me tell you it is the best family out there. I have brothers and sisters who are of many different races and ages. It's pretty rad cause, I got a great dad. (That rhymed, unintentional.)

No comments: