Sunday, February 20, 2011

::Beautiful is the New Black::

"I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful"
-Bethany Dillon "Beautiful"

I had just gotten out of the shower and threw on my robe and looked in the mirror and said to myself, "you look pretty." And then I realized that I have never said that to myself. I often look over my reflection and see all of the imperfections (the double chin, the zit that just popped up or my makeup that I couldn't get just right). And I realized in all of this criticalness that I'm sinning. Not only am I doubting Gods creation but I'm also incredibly insecure. Actually, I feel insecure writing this right now, wondering if those reading this will judge. But that is okay. I need to announce that all of God's creations are beautiful! And that may seem trite, or simplified, but it is true. I must bask in the truth that all of creation is beautiful, including me, and including YOU. So dear reader, please know that you are not alone in your insecurity. But God has made you exactly the way you are and only sees beauty.

Pink is not the new black, blue is not the new black, lets make beauty the new black.

1 comment:

Lauren Maniaci said...

The King is enthralled by your beauty. Honor Him for He is your Lord.

Psalm 45:11

I love reading your beautiful journey.