Sunday, November 21, 2010

::The Art of Being Thankful::


So often we are so focused in what we are doing we tend to forget to look at the bigger picture. I've heard it explained the best with the forest and tree analogy. You know, some people focus on the trees instead of the whole forest. The analogy takes me immediately to the smell of fresh pine trees, which in turn reminds me of Christmas and the holidays.
I think the tree analogy is great when thinking about thankfulness. I believe that God wants us to be thankful for the trees and the forest. What I mean by that is God wants us to be thankful for the small individual things He has blessed us with but also the larger view.
So here are just a few on my list:
Trees:
Each one of my friends
My Family
My Church
A roof over my head
Forest:
Forgiveness
The beauty of nature
Perseverance

No comments: