Friday, September 12, 2008

::NANC conference::


My parents approached me a couple of weeks ago about attending a conference that my church was holding and said that my pastor said that it would be a good conference for me. I told them that I would look at my schedule and if I could do it, I would be interested. Well my schedule did allow it and tonight was the first part of the conference. This is a NANC (National Assicaition of Neuthetic Counseling) conference which is a three weekend conference on Biblical Counseling and Discipleship. Over the next three months I will gain around 30 hours of Biblical counseling training. Tonight, we learned the foundation of Biblical Counseling and I was very engaged as it was building on many terms I have heard in my religion classes. And this concept of Biblical Counseling is simply focusing on the application side of the foundation of theology. 
Tomorrow's sessions start at 8 am, which is insane for a typical college kid....I suspect lots of coffee will be consumed tomorrow. 

No comments: